Friday, August 14, 2015

At Home Try On Review: Apt. 9 Surplice Jumpsuit from Kohl's

image via Kohl's
I have mentioned my impulse shopping habit on this blog before.  It's something that I am working on stopping, or at least reducing, but it still happens from time to time.  Take this jumpsuit for instance.  I saw it in an extra small at Kohl's and thought, "I've been wanting to try a jumpsuit!" and bought it.  I didn't take the time to try it on in the store so I did when I got home.

 
My initial thought was surprise that it fit as well as it did (the only issue were the pants being a little too long).  Also, the fabric is very substantial and drapes nicely which I like.  Then I asked myself my shopping questions.
  1. Do I love it? - Hmm... I think so...  kinda...  I like it.  I think I would love it if the legs were shorter or if they were wide leg.  I love, love the top part.
  2. Is it my style? - I think it is a bit trendier than I normally do but other than that it is my style.
  3. Can I wear it with other things I already have?  - I tried it with a knit jacket (see below) and didn't love it.  Maybe a jean jacket would be better or a more structured black jacket.
  4. Where would I wear this? - This is the big one.  I can't think of one place where I would wear this.  I don't think it is really work appropriate and I don't have anything coming up that this would work for.  I think this may be for that life I wish I had but don't.  It might be odd if I wore this watching TV on the couch.
So the verdict is...  return.  I'm going to return it.  I just don't know where I would wear it and don't think it is worth it for something I maybe, just maybe, might wear once.  But if you are in the market for a jumpsuit, I would highly recommend this one!

there is a snap to close the top


Jumpsuit:  Kohl's (same) - Shoes:  Vince Camuto - Jacket:  Caslon via Nordstrom
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips