Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Uniform Dressing


Shirt:  Apt. 9 via Kohl's - Pants:  Old Navy - Shoes:  Croft & Borrow via Kohl's

 
I almost feel like I'm wearing a uniform in this outfit with the white button down and black pants.  I don't think there is anything wrong with wearing a uniform.  There are many advocates of wearing the same thing every day (Steve Jobs anyone?).  It's an interesting thought that taking the guess work out of what to wear every day can open up your mind to other things. Studies show that having fewer choices may lead to greater happiness.  However, I think your clothes say a lot about you and it can be fun to put together looks and play with fashion.  I think my efforts to create a more curated wardrobe will help to eliminate the too many choices in my closet.  Once I really hone in on my style I think it will be similar to having a uniform with fewer pieces in my closet that all work together.  I just don't think I could wear the exact same thing every day.  Similar things...but not the exact same thing.  I enjoy clothes and shoes way too much for that.  What do you think?  Could you wear the same thing every day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips