Tuesday, June 30, 2015

June Clothing Budget

I bought more than I intended in June.  I think it was because I didn't do much shopping in May and missed my favorite past time as well as the frustration I have been feeling with the things remaining in my closet.  How easy is it to think that I'll just go out and get all new wonderful things and then I will be happy with my wardrobe!  (Yes, I know it isn't that easy!)

I'll break down my purchases in sections.  Here is what I got that I have already worn several times:


Old Navy Stripe Infinity Scarf -- $8.30
Target Mossimo Mid Rise Jean Short (here) -- $12.70

I have no problem finding things I like for my weekend wear.  It's the stuff for work that is more difficult.  These shorts are great because they are more of a jean short so you don't see through them like some other white shorts.  They fit well and I like the length (3 1/2'). 

I really like but haven't worn yet:

Old Navy Pleated Wide Leg Trousers (Navy) here -- $22.95
Kohl's Apt. 9 Printed Faux Wrap Dress -- $16.47

I like both of these things and they both fit well.  I haven't figured out what I'm going to wear with the pants yet.  I will have to wear a sweater or jacket with the dress if I wear it to work since it is so cold in the office. 

What I might return:


H&M Striped Henley -- $12.80 

I like it but I don't need another casual knit top... however this one is a bit different with the lace along the neckline...I love a navy stripe...I thought this might look good with my new chambray wide legs...but I don't know about the cap sleeves...I just can't decide!!

What I've ordered but haven't received:




eShakti Stretch Jersey Twill Wideleg -- free with credit
eShakti Draped Cotton Knit Top -- $17.40 after rest of credit
Under Armour Printed Scoop Neck -- 33.99
Under Armour Fly-By-Night Long Sleeve -- 29.99

I am hoping these pants from eShakti will replace the Old Navy black pants that I wear all the time despite them not fitting well.  We will see.  I'm hoping the navy top goes with a navy printed midi skirt I've had in the closet forever but never wear because I don't know what to wear with it.

I don't usually include workout wear in my budget, but since these may overlap into weekend wear, I thought I would include them.

Not Pictured:

Soma Nightgown -- $24.60

I've worn this a lot already.  I needed some new PJs.

$179.20 total spent - I'm still under my $200 budget but not happy about bringing so much back into my closet and not being absolutely sure about each piece.  I don't want to overfill it again with stuff I won't wear.  I need to continue to be thoughtful about my purchases. 

 
Linking up with Fran's Budgeting Bloggers.


4 comments:

  1. I love the neckline on that navy top you have coming in :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Me too, I hope it fits!

      Delete
  2. I'm with you, work clothes are just not as fun to buy as casual!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It would be easier if my office wasn't like a freezer when it is in the 80's outside.

      Delete

Blogging tips