Thursday, May 28, 2015

May Clothing Budget


I'm happy to report I am under my $200 self imposed clothing and accessories budget for the month. I only had one online shopping binge and bought these three things from Old Navy and Banana Republic.  They always have big time online sales and I had a $5 reward to use.

Banana Republic Chambray Tie-Front Wide Leg Pant - $47.27

Old Navy Lightweight Tank in Plum - $9.91

Old Navy Black and White Striped Sleeveless V-Neck Top - $9.91

I asked myself my 4 shopping questions before I pressed the order button.
  1. Do I love it?
  2. Is it my style?
  3. Can I wear it with other things I already have?
  4. Where would I wear this?
Honestly, I love the idea of the pants but whether or not I love them on me and how I style them is yet to be seen.  I thought these might be nice for Casual Friday at work this summer and/or out for dinner in the warmer weather. I thought the tops would be great for work and fill a need in my closet for tops to go with certain skirts I never wear because I don't know what to wear with them.  I like sleeveless tops that are a bit dressier to layer with a cardigan or jacket when I'm in the office.  I think I am going to return the striped top because the black in the stripe is very washed out looking, not quite gray, just like a really heathered black and I don't think I like it.  So I think it will be going back.  The other top in plum I think answers all of my questions to the affirmative but I'm unsure if it is too big, it is quite flowy.  So really, I might return all of these things!!  We will see if I can make the pants and the plum top work for me.

Linking up with Franish's Budgeting Bloggers.  

1 comment:

  1. For some reason I can never see the products when bloggers use whatever that tool/viewer is. :( So it just says "Loading Products..." BUT either way, kudos on being waaay under budget! And I secretly (or not-so-secretly) love returning things. :) I find so much stuff I like online, so when I buy something after only seeing it online and try it on and it's meh, it kind of feels like a win!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips