Thursday, May 21, 2015

Back to Black (& Gray)

 
Sweater:  H&M (old) - Pants:  Apt. 9 from Kohl's (September 2014) Shoes:  Me Too via DSW
 
This is another example of how I buy and keep clothes even though don't fit exactly right (and I subsequently don't love them so then don't wear them).  Take this sweater for example. I like it but it is too big and too long for me.  My torso is long and my legs are short.  By this sweater hitting me where it does, it makes my legs look even shorter. Now when I'm shopping I ask myself my shopping questions and one of them is, if it fits.  That may explain why I have only bought a pair of pants so far this month when normally I'd have already reached my monthly shopping budget.  I'm happy to say I'm resisting bad impulse purchases since starting this exercise. 
 
A funny thing about this outfit is that when I put it on, I thought it reminded me of something.  It is similar to a picture I had pinned years ago and just deleted (I'm in a purging frenzy - even my Pinterest boards).  I found the picture again here.  So that's why I thought to put this sweater with these pants!  Her sweater is shorter.  See it works better with a shorter sweater!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips