Tuesday, April 14, 2015

All Talk and No Action?

Sweater:  Target (last fall) similar - Top:  Banana Republic (few years ago) - Pants:  NY & Co (few years ago) - Shoes:  Earthies via DSW (last fall)

 
I do like this outfit and reach for it quite a bit.  It's comfortable and I feel a little put together. I think it is a win that everything here mixes and matches with other things in my wardrobe as well.

I'm struggling with the fact that I have been attempting to rein in my style, closet and shopping for some years now.  Years.  My post yesterday was eerily similar to one that I wrote in August of 2013 and one here in May of 2013.  I think there has been some progress but I don't want to be all talk and not be making real changes.  I have been keeping track of my purchases since 2013, trying to stick to $200 a month on clothes, shoes, and jewelry but just started really evaluating those purchases.  I'm going back and seeing what was a good buy, what wasn't and why.  Hopefully that along with asking myself the 4 questions when shopping will help me stop buying clothes I don't need, or don't fit in with my lifestyle, so I can get a carefully edited closet of just things I love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips