Thursday, February 13, 2014

Liking Lately

I'm still trying to figure out where I want to go with this blog or if I want to continue it.  If I do keep it up, I want to keep true to its original roots, a way for me to share and collect things that I like and find inspiring.

So here are some of the things I have been liking lately:

-I kept the same resolutions for 2014 that I had for 2013 and one of them is to buy less and only buy quality things.  I think this article about minimalism is inspiring.

-Along those same lines, Cuyana had a really great Lean Closet Series.  Love their thought of Fewer, Better Things for 2014.  Of course I went back to my "old" ways last weekend though and bought three shirts at J.C. Penny for $11.00.  It will be really hard to break my more for less mind set to a less is more. Even though getting a great deal is exciting, purchasing one shirt that is perfect, better made and that I will wear a million times is worth spending more than $11.00 to get 3 shirts that honestly don't even fit me that great and I certainly don't NEED. But really, 3 shirts for $11.00!  I'm still working on it.



-Love this look from Tory Burch Fall 2014 Ready To Wear Collection - image via

-New favorite lunch - Butternut Squash Soup with Farro and Goat Cheese added...  yum.

-I like to try and make healthier versions of bad for you foods.  It's still not that healthy but I can get my cravings for chocolate satisfied and my stomach doesn't hate me as much if I eat something a little more nutritious.  I'm not totally gluten free but I had some almond flour on hand so I made these Gluten-Free Almond Brownies.  They were easy to make and tasted great.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips