Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Blogging Thoughts


image via

I have been posting to this blog for almost three years now.  I initially thought of it as a creative outlet and a way to share more of myself through the things I like; mainly fashion, shopping and photography.  Also, I found I like to group inspiring images and go back and look through them.... but now we have Pinterest for that! 

Over the last few months, however, I have noticed I have felt like I HAD to post something instead of wanting to post something.  I never wanted blogging to be a job or to make money from it.  It is just something I do for myself. It is supposed to be fun, an outlet, not something I HAVE to do. I thought I might get interested again if I started focusing more on my own wardrobe and how I can remix it.  It didn't work.  I really get inspired from other people's outfit posts but I don't seem to enjoy doing my own.  I find it brings out an ugly, very critical, side of myself and I just don't like taking the time to do it!  I do still want to work on remixing what I have in my closet and buying less.  I think that might be easier if I focus less on my blog and since I haven't been feeling especially inspired to do it lately anyway...well...you can see where this is heading.

I'm not saying I won't ever blog again.  I'm not saying that I won't post everyday after I publish this.  I don't know, maybe I just need a blogging break.  I guess I felt like I wanted to explain that I don't know where this blog is headed.  I will probably be posting less and I may start posting about different things.  We will see!  Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. I will miss reading your blog. I love all of the pretty images you post, but I completely understand. My own blog is becoming a bit dusty. Maybe I will feel more inspired to write once the weather gets cooler, but for right now I just want to enjoy life and my family. I don't want blogging to feel like a chore when it can be a nice, creative outlet.

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips