Thursday, May 30, 2013

Look What I Got (& Wore): Gap Skimmer Jeans

Back in April, I bought a pair of The Gap 1969 Real Straight Skimmer Jeans.  I have worn them a lot since I got them.  I had been looking for a pair of straight leg jeans that ended right at my ankle which is not so easy when your legs are on the stubby side. I was excited to find these skimmers in petite online. They are pretty close fitting - more skinny than straight really.   I know they are not the most flattering fit for my body type - boot cut jeans work better for me - but these are so on trend and are comfortable and easy. 

I'm not sure what this knee bunching is about in these pictures...  I'm still taking outfit pictures to better evaluate my wardrobe.  The knee bunching is making me think these pants aren't such a great fit after all!  So frustrating!

Here are two times I wore them recently:

 
This is what I wore last Friday to work.  I had a cardigan sweater on at the office.  (This picture was taken right after I got home from work and my dog was dying for attention.  Don't worry, she got tons after this pic was taken!)
 
top:  Old Navy last year\\ Necklace:  Forever 21 last year\\ Jeans:  Gap Skimmer\\ Shoes:  Target

 
Here is what I wore on Memorial Day to do a little shopping and meet a friend for dinner. 
 
Top:  LOFT\\ Jeans:  Gap Skimmer\\ Shoes:  Target
 
 
Linking up with The Penniless Socialite and The Tiny Heart for Look what I got!
 


3 comments:

  1. I especially love your second look! The sandals and striped shirt are coordinated very nicely! I was curious how the Skimmers fit on people-- thanks for sharing!
    Valerie
    www.the-style-files.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the length of the jeans, perfect with summer sandals. Thanks for linking up!
    Tara
    Tara
    Penniless Socialite
    May Group Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips