Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Interior Inspiration: Eames' Eiffel Chair

Mid-century modern style has been a trend in the interior design world for a while now.  I have seen countless pictures of fabulous rooms in this style plus heard it mentioned on just about every antique/hgtv/decorating show I watch.  After noticing a common chair in many of these pictures I had loved, I decided to do some research.  Turns out I have been loving the Eames' Shell Chair with an Eiffel Base. 

In 1948, Charles and Ray Eames created a fiberglass chair designed for maximum ergonomic comfort.  They paired this curved and comfortable seat with a variety of legs, including the chrome Eiffel base and the wooden dowel base.  (I'm going to focus on the Eiffel base here since that is the one I like the most.)  This chair design has been copied by just about everyone and you don't have to go to a flea market or antique shop to find one (although that would be the coolest) since many companies are making them today.  If you want as close to a new authentic Eames' chair today, look for the Herman Miller label.

Source: adateicu.com via Jill on Pinterest


Source: adateicu.com via Jill on Pinterest


Source: houzz.com via Jill on Pinterest


Source: google.ca via Jill on Pinterest




2 comments:

Blogging tips