Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Pinteresting Wednesday: Quinoa Recipes

I'm very lucky in that the food I crave is usually healthy food.  I'm naturally drawn to Mediterranean food especially.  I could live on hummus, a little pita bread and some roasted veggies.  My biggest issue is portion size and sheer quantity...I eat healthy things most of the time but I eat A LOT and frequently.  Good thing I like to work out too!

My most recent obsession is quinoa.  There are so many things you can do with it and it is a good source of protein, iron, calcium and fiber among other nutrients.  It is actually a seed and contains all 9 essential amino acids which makes it a complete protein. 

I have made the Breakfast, Lunch Dinner Quinoa recipe from fitfoodiefinds.com several times.  It's delish:



This greek version is really good!

Source: theshiksa.com via Jill on Pinterest

Here are two that are on my next to try list:


Source: greatist.com via Jill on Pinterest


Source: fitsugar.com via Jill on Pinterest


4 comments:

  1. Thank you for making me super hungry! I am a picky eater, so surprisingly all these things look super yummy! Have an amazing Hump Day <3

    xo,
    Yesi

    http://formiamiandlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yesi! I know, don't they all look delish?

      Delete
  2. A GIRL AFTER MY OWN HEART! If only you knew about my love affair with quinoa, you'd know how much I love this post. New to your blog and obviously LOVING it :)

    Stop by and say hi!
    www.dysfunctionaleverafter.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips