Thursday, November 1, 2012

Look What I Got: Coach Willis Bag

Today I'm linking up with Tara at Penniless Socialite and Sharon at The Tiny Heart for the first ever Look What I Got link up!  My thoughts and prayers go out to these two fabulous bloggers in New Jersey after the horrible Sandy rolled through.  I'm glad you are both safe and sound!

Every year in October, my mother in law and I try to go to an outdoor flea market that is part of an annual Covered Bridge Festival.  The past two years, however, we have been rained out so we have gone to indoor thrift stores instead.  Both times I have found a vintage Coach purse in good condition!

This year's find was a mahogany Willis Bag.

 
It is in really good shape.  It has some wear on the bottom edges and a slight scrape on the front.  I'm sure I can get these spots to look like new if I can just get around to buying some leather cleaner/polish.  
 

 
The best part, it was only $25.00!
 




The Coach Willis bag is part of Coach's legacy collection.  Coach started selling this style in 1993.  You can get a new one for $298.  I'll take the used $25 version, thanks!

6 comments:

  1. This is such a great find! Thrifting with your mom-in-law sounds like fun. Thanks for linking up!
    Tara
    Penniless Socialite
    Enter to win a $50 Shabby Apple gift card

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tara! It is, she calls it "junkin".

      Delete
  2. I miss going to the Covered Bridge Festival. October is my fave month in IN.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been in two years since the day I took off work to go it turned out to be pouring and freezing. Maybe next year!

      Delete
  3. Great find! I have that bag in black and it is truly timeless. Just recently I passed it to my mother to get some use out of it. Found you through Penniless Socialite link up!

    Alison
    http://www.getyourprettyon.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips