Friday, November 30, 2012

Friday's Fancies: Me Outfit

I have to say I almost did not participate in this week's Friday's Fancies theme from {Long Distance Loving}.  The suggested theme is to "Dress yourself", that is, to post an outfit that is totally you.  I struggle with this because I usually feel dissatisfied with my outfits.  I'm always thinking that someone else I see while out or on a blog or on TV looks better and I think, "how can I look like that?" instead of being satisfied with what I am wearing.  This feeling contributes to a closet stuffed with things I don't love and the feeling of always wanting something else, something different, something more. So I spend too much and have too much. I hardly ever feel like I achieve the look I want to portray with my appearance and sometimes in what I say or how I act too.  It is something I'm working on and I feel my style (and me?) is (are) evolving into something better...  but I digress...  self esteem issues aside, let's continue with Friday's Fancies!

So thinking purely about what I feel most comfortable wearing, lately it is usually a less fitted top or layers and skinny bottoms with boots or a dress, cardigan or blazer, tights and boots. 

Here is what I wore for a recent shopping trip.  This is a very typical weekend outfit for me.

What I Wore: Shopping









Sweater
express.com





Rebecca Minkoff mini skirt
piperlime.gap.com



Old Navy skinny fit jeans
oldnavy.gap.com



Suede boots
kohls.com



Michael kors watch
neimanmarcus.com



Scarve
etsy.com



Everything here is what I actually own except for the sweater (this is a similar style and color to the one I have from Forever 21 that I bought last year) and my mini mac bag is a tan color with gold hardware.  Other than that, this is exactly what I wore.    The I Heart Ronson jacket is from early 2011 I think. I love it and have worn it a lot.  I bought the scarf on etsy last year, also love.  I bought my Michael Kors layton watch when it was marked down for Nordstrom's anniversary sale last year.  These suede boots from Kohls are surprisingly comfortable.  I bought them this fall and have worn them a bunch already.

Here is a recent (October? ok, not so recent) work outfit that is my favorite type of outfit for work.  Just add tights now that it is colder.






november 30th - dress yourself

1 comment:

  1. Love all of your choices! The ankle boots with the dress are super cute!

    www.chelseagrey.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips