Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Frugal Option: Torchon Embossed Ponte Dress

I love Deletta's Torchon Embossed Ponte Dress from Anthropologie.  You can see a great review here at Behind the Dressing Room Door.

Sparkling Bellini Tank

Torchon Embossed Ponte Dress
Style# 24247090
Price: $
128


I found this similar style at Kohl's.  I wouldn't have thought it to be an option for the Torchon dress based on the online picture but in person it seems similar.  It has the same box pleats on the skirt and sleeveless fitted top.  However, the waist is a little higher, it isn't embossed and it has a scalloped bottom (but you really don't notice it when you have it on). I really liked it when I tried it on.  I liked it even more because I had a 30% coupon which took the total down to $31.36.

ELLE Scalloped Ponte Dress

ELLE™ Scalloped Ponte Dress
original $64.00
sale $44.80

Here are some poor quality fitting room pics:
  
  



I'm really trying hard not to make impulse purchases and to only buy quality items that I know I will wear a million times.  I really liked this dress but where the heck would I wear it?  So I am having buyer's remorse and think it will be returned...

3 comments:

  1. That dress is so cute. You can wear it anywhere! With flats and a cardigan it's casual enough for weekend errands. Put a collared shirt underneath and add some heels and tights, and it's business casual!

    Tara
    Penniless Socialite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would not have thought to put a button down shirt underneath, what a good idea! Thanks Tara!

      Delete
  2. I just bought the magenta Elle dress yesterday, I am sewing a black glitter ribbon around the waist and wearing it with black peep toe heels for my prom! I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips