Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Mixed Metals?

I'm starting to become more and more interested in accessorizing.  My outfits have always been very simple (classic and chic maybe? or just boring?) and I didn't take any time to add any accessories.  Maybe a necklace and my wedding ring but that is about it.  In the last year or so I've really become more interested in adding jewelry or scarves to my outfits.  

Like many people, I have been obsessed with getting an oversized Michael Kors watch.  When they went on sale last month for the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale I broke down and purchased one.  I debated and debated over whether or not to get the silver or gold watch.  I really love the look of a gold watch but my wedding ring is platinum...can you mix silver and gold jewelry?  I was always taught no, but it seems that you can, if you do it well.  I read last night in the latest issue of Lucky magazine that the trick to mixing metals is to do it with intention. 

The perfect example of a bold mix of metals with intention is the Serpentine Necklace from JewelMint
I received an email today that stated, "Previously spotted on Rosie Huntington-Whiteley at the Transformers: Dark of the Moon premiere, the slinky Serpentine has appeared again, this time on The Hangover II actress, Jamie Chung, as she posed for photogs at the July 19th premiere of Captain America: The First Avenger."

Jamie Chung in JewelMint

JewelMint members can receive an additional $6 OFF the Serpentine Necklace with code SFRI6 for the next 24 HOURS.  All JewelMint items are regularly $29.99.  Check out their website for the membership rules.

I just purchased mine and I'm so excited to pair it with my gold Michael Kors watch and my platinum wedding ring!  Here is the small "arm party" I've got going on today.

Michael Kors 'Small Layton' Crystal Index Watch 

Bracelets - H&M

1 comment:

  1. Hello I love your posts as well as your sense of style. Could you please tell me where you got the Michael Kors Gold Layton watch?

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips