Friday, July 1, 2011

July No Shopping - Remixing Challenge

I have long realized that I have a problem with shopping.  I shop way too much and buy way too much.  I find I buy things that are good deals but may not necessarily be the right fit for me.  I buy for the sake of buying, for the thrill of the deal and the hope that the next thing I buy might be the piece of my wardrobe that makes me feel fantastic when I wear it. 

This July I have decided to take the time to really reevaluate my closet and stop buying anything new until I have determined exactly what my wardrobe may be missing.  It is a version of Kendi Everyday's 30 for 30 Challenge.  I'm planning on wearing a different outfit (or outfits!) each day of the month of July using items already in my closet.  The only exception I am giving myself is buying new running shoes because I need those....they just aren't as exciting or fun to purchase so I haven't yet.  Anything that doesn't fit right, I don't love or haven't worn in a year is going! 

This morning, the first day of my self imposed challenge, proved difficult when I couldn't decide what to wear to work.  I'm sure this was made complicated by the simple fact that I didn't want to go to work.  It's casual Friday and nearly anything goes at my "business casual" small office so you wouldn't think I would have a hard time.  Here is what I started with:



But then I decided the skinny joe's jeans were a little too "nighttime" for work.  So then I changed into about 5 different skirts, none of which I liked. 


I finally settled on some recently thrifted cropped jeans with my Target ruffled tank, H&M sweater (for the air conditioned office), forever 21 necklace and Target wedges. 

1 comment:

  1. I like this version of the 30 for 30. I should do it too! I need to get rid of clothes I don't wear.

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips