Friday, May 13, 2011

Weekly Gratitude




“Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace and gratitude.”
Denis Waitley

Oh how I wish it were easy to live every minute with love, grace and gratitude.  I find myself struggling each week to write a weekly gratitude post.  I don't know why, I certainly am lucky; I'm in good health, my family is in good health, I have a wonderful home and husband, I have a job....  but I seem to be stuck in feelings of negativity and feeling overwhelmed.  When I feel overwhelmed, I don't take the time to appreciate the little things or live with grace and gratitude.  Frankly, I'm a grouch.  Hopefully work will slow down soon and some time off in June will help.  For now, I'll try to keep things in perspective and take one day at a time.  

One thing I am grateful for this week is finishing the mini-marathon last Saturday.  It took me a while (2 hours, 26 minutes and 42 seconds) but I finished and ran (slowly) the whole way.  I am also grateful that I can now move my legs without pain. 

2 comments:

  1. good for you! how long was the mini marathon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mini marathon is a half marathon, 13.1 miles. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips