Friday, April 15, 2011

Weekly Gratitude


Here are a few things I am grateful for this week.

I am grateful....
  • that the lettuce seeds I planted last Sunday have already started to come up! See the picture above. My sister told me it was easy to grow lettuce in a container inside and it could be something pretty to look at too.  I thought it was only easy for her because she is very talented at all things kitchen and garden related.  I have no talents in either of these areas.  But I think she was right, this lettuce thing is easy even for me!  Now let's see if it gets to the point where we can eat it!
  • for the beautiful weather yesterday and the opportunity to eat lunch outside with my sister in law.  It was such a nice break in the day but so hard to go back to work for the rest of the day.
  • that I was able to sleep in until 7:30 today.
  • that I was never locked out of the house as a child as it appears the kids across the street are right now.  Seriously, they just got home from school are pounding on their front door and yelling.  What a mess!

1 comment:

  1. haha! Those poor kids. Hope they made it in:) Also, that is great that your lettuce came up! I planted spinach and a couple other things but it has not come up yet.

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips