Friday, March 25, 2011

Weekly Gratitude



"If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant:
if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome."
- Anne Bradstreet


Growing up, my mom had a book of poems titled "How Does the Crocus Know it's Spring?".  I remember when I was little always reading that and wondering what the heck a crocus was and still not understanding how it knew it was spring.  I don't remember any of the poem other than that first line but I still think of it when I see the first flowers coming up in the spring.  Who am I kidding, I'm sure Mom still has the book.  She is well on her way to an appearance on Hoarders.  Maybe I can dig it up when I visit on Sunday.  The point of this story is I love that the trees are beginning to bud and the flowers and coming up! 

This week I am grateful that...
  • it is Friday and I can sleep in tomorrow. 
  • maybe, just maybe, winter is about over. Despite the forecast for 1-3 inches of snow tomorrow night. This has to be the last of it, really.  I loved the warm days we had at the beginning of the week.
  • the Fabulous Beekman Boys season two started this week.  Love that show.
  • there is just over a month left until the mini and then I can go back to running reasonable amounts on the weekends instead of these ridiculously long amounts.
  • my boss recognized my stress and all that I do. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips