Tuesday, March 22, 2011

H&M Floral Maxi Skirt - In Person vs. The Ad

I posted recently about loving H&M's new line after seeing an ad in a magazine with Gisele in a fabulous maxi skirt.  Given my new obsession with maxi skirts, and seeing the price tag of $9.95, I really wanted this skirt!  I was anxious to get to H&M to see if our store had it.  After a few days of longing, I made it to H&M and found the skirt!  However, it wasn't quite what I thought it would be. I was so disapointed!  I wouldn't say the skirt was bad, or that it was misrepresented, just that I didn't like it when I saw it in person.  I don't know...it was something about the colors, they just don't do it for me.  Has this ever happened to you?


Fabulous, right? 

It looks so much better on Gisele...
I just don't think the colors are for me....

But I did get this fabulous bag!  The strap adjusts to be long enough for a crossbody.  It is the perfect size, not too big, not too small.  It was only $24.95.  Very 70's inspired.

1 comment:

  1. Huh? That's the same skirt? Gisele's seems like it's only brown and white. How depressing! It does look really cute on her. This has happened to me before.. One item I can think of is a sweater from JC Penney.. I never shop there but I kept seeing the same sweater in ads and was intrigued.. On the model it looked well fitting and kind of long. I went to JC Penney and the sweater looked short and boxy. It was really weird.. :-\ Obviously they pinned it behind her back while modeling to flatter her shape, which we unfortunately can't do in real life.

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips