Friday, February 11, 2011

Weekly Gratitude

"Keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words. Keep your words positive because your words become your behavior. Keep your behavior positive because your behavior becomes your habits. Keep your habits positive because your habits become your values. Keep your values positive because your values become your destiny." — Mahatma Gandhi

On Monday, I saw that one of the blogs I follow, Pink to Green, has started a weekly gratitude post.  I found the idea started with the Love, Life, Lace blog and was instantly hooked when I read the quote that was included her latest gratitude post.  The quote was inspiring (see it above) and the idea is amazing.  Studies have shown that keeping a gratitude journal raises people’s life satisfaction, improves health, increases energy, reduces troublesome thoughts, and promotes good sleep.  So here is my first weekly gratitude post!

  • I am thankful for my job.  I find it frustrating, annoying and joyless sometimes but after hearing a temp in our office this week say that both she and her husband have been out of work for a year...I am thankful for the job I have had for over 5 years.
  • I am thankful for the weather forecast!  It is supposed to be in the 40's by Sunday and maybe even 50 next week!  Amazing!! 
  • I am thankful for my dogs.  They provide lots of hugs, kisses and unconditional love. 
  • I am thankful my husband has been safe on his job (firefighter) for 5 years now.  Maybe I can start worrying less?  Nah.
  • I am thankful for the stack of magazines at home waiting for me to read them this weekend.  InStyle, Lucky, Fitness....I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips